The institutions, collections and data resources that you are authorised to access are listed below. Be aware that all changes are immediately reflected in the website and any hubs or other websites that use web services.
You are authorised to edit all entities because you are admin.
You have the required role but are not listed as a contact with editor rights on any collection, institution or dataset. If you believe you should be, ask someone who is listed to add you as a contact. If you can't do that, click the support link below to send a request to the ALA support team.
If you do not see your collection, institution or dataset in the list above, please read.
Requirements for editing metadata
What do I need to edit my metadata?
- to be logged in using a standard account
- the 'Collections Editor' role
- to be listed as a contact with editor rights for the collection, institution or dataset you want to edit.
You have an ALA account
You are logged in as cas bypassed.
You have the 'Collections Editor' role
You are not an editor for any collection, institution or dataset!
You must be a contact for the entity and have the editor attribute set.
You can be added as a contact and made an editor by another user who has edit rights for the entity. Or you can send an email toand ask to be added. You can choose whether your name and contact details should be displayed on the public page for the entity.
I still need help.
Please send us an email atand explain your issues.
Add a new data resource
As a trusted editor you are authorised to add new data resources. Note:
- Please check that the data resource does not already exist.
- The data resource will become public as soon as you create it.
Add a new collection
As a trusted editor you are authorised to add new collections. Note:
- Please check that the collection does not already exist.
- You can only link your collection to an institution if you are an editor for the institution.
- You will be automatically added as a contact and an editor for the new collection.
- You will need to supply a name for the new collection. It will then be created and you will be directed to the edit pages for the collection to supply further information.
- The collection will become public as soon as you create it.
- Only ALA administrators can delete collections. Please contact the administrators if you believe a collection should be removed.
You are an administrator (ROLE_ADMIN). Please use your superpowers wisely.
Browse all current collections and update collection descriptions.
Enter a part of the name of a collection or its acronym, eg insects, fungi, ANIC
Describe a collection that is not currently listed.
Browse the institutions that hold collections.
Browse all current data providers.
Browse all current data resources.
Browse all current data hubs.
Browse summaries of Registry contents and usage.
View and edit all known contacts for collections and institutions.
View and edit all known collection and institution codes.
View and edit the allocation of collection and institution codes to collections.
All tables exported verbatim as JSON.
All audit events
All the resources for a specific country are added as data resource in the collectory
Uploads a GBIF download as a data resource. (Assumes that a single resource is in the file)